Establishing Your New Electric Service With MED
- CLICK HERE TO REVIEW OUR RULES AND REGULATIONS
- 1. Customers must apply in person between the hours of 7 AM and 5 PM or use our online application.
Click here for directions to Murfreesboro Electric.
- 2. The standard deposit amount shall be $300, or an amount equal to two times the average month's usage for the service address during the preceding twelve months, whichever is greater, unless the applicant chooses to participate in the ONLINE credit scoring process. The deposit may be reduced based on credit score of the applicant as determined by the ONLINE Utility Exchange.
- * ONLY ONE CREDIT CHECK WILL BE RUN PER SERVICE LOCATION
- 3. There is a $50 connection fee. This fee will be included on your first month's bill.
- 4. To apply for service, we require two forms of official identification; one must be a government issued photo ID and the other must have verification of social security number. (Examples include Social Security card, W-2, paystub, etc.)
For complete deposit policy, view or download the following PDF:
MED Policy on Residential Deposit
Click here to apply for service online: MED Online Application for New Service
MED customer service representatives are glad to answer your questions about this and other MED programs. Call us between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday - Friday, or send an
email to Customer Service.